Wednesday 05-05-2021 - 15:00
The results of elections and policy votes at NUS-USI Conference have been announced. Delegates at NUS-USI Conference voted for members of the NUS-USI Steering Committee and on policies submitted for discussion at Conference. Polls were open between 4pm on Thursday, 29th April and noon on Wednesday 5th May 2021.
NUS-USI Steering Committee Election Results
The polls have closed and we are pleased to announce the results of the NUS-USI Steering Committee election!
The two new NUS-USI Steering Committee members are:
- Ryan McFall - Ulster University Students' Union
- Michael Upham - Queen's University Belfast Students' Union
Congratulations to the successful candidates! Count sheets are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy Motions Passed
Voting has also closed for the policies submitted to Conference.
All policy motions submitted to conference have passed, meaning NUS-USI will incorporate these policies into its campaigns work.
The policies are:
- Fees and Finance - proposed by Ulster University Students' Union (UUSU)
- Support for Apprentices - proposed by National Society of Apprentices (NSoA)
- Student support funds and student hardship funds - proposed by Queen's University Students' Union (QUBSU)
- FE SU Development - proposed by NUS-USI President